Filming in Portugal
FILMING IN PORTUGAL
1. SUNNIER DAYS: long hours of sunlight and clear skies - almost 300 days of sunshine per year and low levels of precipitation, allowing for year-round production. Average temperature in 2017: 65°F.
2. VARIETY: every imaginable scenario can be found in Portugal: beaches, castles, monuments, impressive old and modern buildings, churches, cathedrals, monasteries, parks, gardens, historical villages, walled cities all types of landscapes (mountains, forests, plains, rocky slopes, valleys, caves, rivers, lagoons and even jungles) http://picportugal.com/en/locations.html
3. ACCESSIBLE LOCATIONS: diversity of scenarios in short distance. Less than 5 hours to travel from North to South by car; 3 international airports (Lisbon, Porto and Faro) and 5 international harbors. Direct flights between New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., Miami and Lisbon. Direct flights between San Francisco and Lisbon are expected to begin in 2019.
4. EXPERIENCED HARD WORKING PROFESSIONALS: skilled talent available at competitive rates. Portuguese crews are used to working in international productions and have a great deal of experience in film and TV productions as well as in high end commercials. Cast and crew are fluent in English. Spanish and French are also widely spoken.
5. STUDIO FACILITIES & EQUIPMENT: Studios are available in the Lisbon and Porto areas with professional stages with all the latest equipment and facilities.All types of equipment are available in the Lisbon area and in the whole county: camera, lighting, sound and grip. Post production is mainly located in Lisbon metro area.
6. AFFORDABLE COST OF LIVING & GREAT FOOD
7. COPRODUCTION TREATIES: with more than 50 countries worldwide, including all Portuguese speaking countries, which represent + 250 M Portuguese speakers (such as Brazil, Mozambique, and Angola) and Latin American countries.
8. STABLE AND SAFE COUNTRY – 3rd safest country in the world as per the Global Peace Index and 29th in the Corruption Perceptions Index 2017.
9. CASH REBATE FOR FILM PRODUCTIONS
10. COURTESY LOCATION SCOUTING