Cabo da Roca Lighthouse
Direção de faróis do Ministério da Defesa
The lighthouse of Cabo da Roca is among the oldest of our coast, integrating six lighthouses group sent build by Pombal license of February 1, 1758.
Began operating in 1772, is currently the second oldest of our coastline.
In 1843 the headlamp has undergone significant changes, among which are included the installation of a new device, composed of sixteen lamps with parabolic reflectors Argand the working oil. This system had rotating motion given by a clockwork mechanism.
The lighthouse came into great works of improvement and maintenance in June 2008 to August 2009. The torch and optical apparatus were disassembled for upgrading and maintenance. While conduct of the great works, remained in place a provisional lighthouse on the wall next to the weather equipment.
- Posted in: Lighthouses, Monuments & Churches
- Posted on : Saturday, 03 February 2018.
- Ownership:: Public