The cultural landscape of the Alto Douro combines the monumental Nature of the Douro River valley, which has steep slopes, poor and uneven soils, with the ancestral and continuous action of the Humankind, adjusting the space to the agricultural necessities of Mediterranean type that the region bears.
Inscribed on UNESCO’s World Heritage List, the Tower of Belém (or Tower of St. Vincent) is an icon of Portugal’s cultural heritage spread across the world.
Sintra - Lisboa
A Franciscan convent built in direct contact with nature and in keeping with a philosophy of extreme architectural and decorative simplicity.
Planned by the engineer Teófilo Seyrig, a disciple of Eiffel, it was inaugurated in 1886 and it is composed by two overlapping iron decks. In Oporto.
It is the perfect spot for a walk into the sea, offering an amazing view. You can also walk it through inside up to the beacon.
A masterpiece of 16th-century architecture in Portugal, the Monastery of Jerónimos is listed as a National Monument and inscribed on UNESCO’s World Heritage List (1983).
Open since 1906, Livraria Lello has housed men of arts and letters, has been the inspiration for acclaimed authors, a place for social gatherings, performances and a serene library for many of Invicta’s avid readers.
Sintra - Lisboa
Sat upon one of the peaks overlooking the Sintra Hills, the Moorish Castle is a fortification built in around the 10th century following the conquest of the Iberian Peninsula by the Moors.
The road to the beach winds its way for three kilometres along a lush green valley by the side of the Ribeira de Ceixe, through planted fields that are gradually replaced by marshland.
The small village of Piódão is considered to be one of the most beautiful in the Country, classified as “Historical Village of Portugal” with typical houses built in Schist and Slate.
Opening up like a pop-up book from the Rio Douro at sunset, humble-yet-opulent Porto entices with its higgledy-piggledy medieval centre and charismatic locals.
The Quinta da Regaleira is one of the most surprising of all Sintra’s monuments. Located on the outskirts of the town, it was built 1904 e 1910, in the last days of the Portuguese monarchy.
The main symbol of Ponte de Lima, that together with the river names the town, is its bridge. In reality, it’s a composite formed by two bridges: a medieval part, which is bigger, and the roman part of the bridge, it is five arches long, starting from the big arch already lying on the old, dry riverbed.