The Portuguese Film Commission (PFC) was created in June 2019 and it is a body within the dependence of the members of the Portuguese Government responsible for the areas of Culture and Tourism.
The PFC is constituted by:
Our mission is to support and promote cinema and audiovisual and the internationalization of Portugal as a filming destination, as well as ensuring the operationalization of procedures necessary for the cinematographic and audiovisual production in national territory.
The objectives of the PFC are, among others:
- To project and affirm Portugal as a premium destination for cinema and audiovisual production and filming;
- Contribute to the national and international dissemination of the Fund for Tourism and Cinema;
- Define best practices and methods to support national and international producers;
- To define the method of connection to the territory, with special focus on the relationship with the municipalities and the articulation with the Regional Tourism Entities, namely in the local monitoring of the productions;
- To ensure coordination between all the services to be provided within the scope of the National Film Commission, in particular with the creation and implementation of the one-stop-shop for procedures in the area of support and licensing;
- To make available databases of the various technical and logistic service providers, ensuring interoperability, including through the use of the integrated digital platform;
- To ensure the correct identification and reporting of the practical needs and difficulties experienced by the productions in the national territory;
- Identify necessary legislative or regulatory changes aiming at the simplification and standardization of licensing procedures and administrative authorization of filming throughout the national territory;
- Collaborate in the preparation of the multiannual strategic plan of cinema and audiovisual, in the context of internationalization, in the international promotion of Portugal as a filming destination, provided for in article 3 of Decree-Law no. 25/2018, of April 24, particularly through the promotion of meetings with industry players.